BitDefender suite provides antivirus protection for all major vulnerable points of entry into a network, securing your Gateways, Internet Servers, Mail Servers, File Servers, and Desktops. BitDefender Professional Plus integrates antivirus, firewall and antispam modules into one comprehensive security package, tailored to meet the needs of home and corporate Internet users worldwide.
* Antivirus. The mission of the AntiVirus module is to ensure detection and removal of all viruses in the wild. BitDefender Antivirus uses robust scan engines, certified by ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, Checkmark, Checkvir and TUV.
- Permanent Antivirus Protection. The new and improved BitDefender scanning engines will scan and disinfect infected files on access, minimizing data loss. Infected documents can now be recovered, instead of being deleted.
- Peer-2-Peer Applications Protection. Filters against viruses that spread via instant messaging and file sharing software applications.
- Innovative Behavior Blocking. Blocks malicious applications based on behavior analysis. The method ensures proactive protection against newborn viruses, Trojans, Internet worms and other potentially malicious codes. The file system, registry and Internet activity are constantly monitored.
- Full e-mail protection. The application runs on the POP3 protocol level, blocking any infected e-mail message, regardless of the e-mail client used (MS Exchange, MS Outlook, MS Outlook Express, Netscape, Eudora, Lotus Notes, Pegasus, The Bat, etc), without any additional configuration.
* Firewall. The firewall module protects your data and your privacy by filtering the incoming and outgoing traffic, controlling cookies, blocking malicious scripts and "XXX-dialer" type programs.
- Internet Traffic Control. Define exactly which incoming or outgoing connections to permit/deny. Define rules regarding specific protocols, ports, applications and/or remote address.
- Enhanced Internet Application Control. Alerts the users about any application trying to access the Internet. You will be notified wether the applications demanding network access are trustworthy, so you can make informed decisions.
- Comprehensive Privacy Control. The firewall filters incoming and outgoing cookie type files, keeping your identity and preferences confidential when you're browsing the Internet.
- Active Content Control. Proactively block any potentially malicious application such as: ActiveX, Java Applets or Java Scripts type codes.
- Dial Control. A configurable anti-dialer prevents malicious applications from running up a huge telephone bill at your expense.
* AntiSpam. Quite simply put, the BitDefender AntiSpam module deals with the problem of spam, so you don't have to.
- Self-learning Bayesian filter. The advanced, self-learning Bayesian filter lets you classify messages as "Spam" or "Ham", with a single click. The filter will learn after just a few iterations, and you'll find yourself having to make fewer and fewer decisions as time goes by. Each tag you assign will improve the filter's accuracy. Your filter sensitivity settings can be as high, or as low, as you like.
- Heuristic, URL, Whitelist/Blacklist and Charset filters. Four types of filters further refine your control over e-mail. The heuristic filter checks mail for characteristics of spam.The Whitelist/Blacklist filter will reject mail from known spammer addresses and let your friends' mail through, the URL filter blocks mail containing malicious links and the charset filter blocks mail written with a€?strange characters.
- Hassle-free. You'll only be notified of the arrival of legitimate messages. Spam will collect silently in your "Junk" folder, to be examined or discarded at your leisure.
- Compatible with any e-mail client. BitDefender AntiSpam works with all e-mail clients and can be configured from the BitDefender Management Console. Moreover it integrates directly with Outlook and Outlook Express allowing a smooth interaction with the AntiSpam filter through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface
* Other features:
- Informed Decisions. Configuration wizards are at hand to step you through all the procedures you need to follow to secure your system..
- Fast, Free, Automatic Updates. Intelligent update of antivirus protection, without user intervention. Live Update can be performed from the network, over the Internet, directly or through a Proxy Server. The product is able to repair itself if necessary, by downloading the damaged or missing files from BitDefender servers. BitDefender license owners benefit from free virus definitions update and free product upgrades.
New features in BitDefender 9:
- Heuristics in Virtual Environment (HiVE) emulates a virtual computer-inside-a-computer where pieces of software are run in order to check for potential malware behavior. This BitDefender proprietary technology represents a new security layer that keeps the operating system safe from unknown viruses by detecting malicious pieces of code for which signatures have not been released yet.
- Outgoing email scanning. BitDefender runs on the POP3/SMTP protocol level, filtering incoming and outgoing e-mail messages, regardless of the e-mail client used without any additional configuration.
- Anti-Phishing. Stay clear of malicious e-mails trying to trick you into giving away your bank account info with BitDefender's new phishing detector.
- Event logger. Infected and suspect objects, firewall alerts and update events are logged to provide support for informed decisions about the security of your system.
- Hourly updates. Your copy of BitDefender will be updated 24 times a day over the Internet, directly or through a Proxy Server. The product is able to repair itself if necessary, by downloading the damaged or missing files from BitDefender servers. BitDefender license owners benefit from free virus definition updates and free product upgrades.