The Sunbelt Personal Firewall helps you control how your computer exchanges data with other computers on the Internet or local network. Even if you have a router that has a built-in firewall, you will still benefit from using Sunbelt Personal Firewall on your PC(s). It's the principle of "belt-and-suspenders" (being double-safe) which is a strongly recommended strategy to deal with these 'Internet Bad Guys'. The Sunbelt Personal Firewall also protects your PC from attacks initiated by other PC's on your network that might have been compromised.
Sunbelt Personal Firewall is a necessity for all desktop computers connected to broadband Internet, using DSL, cable, ISDN, WiFi or satellite modems. Within an organization, Kerio Personal Firewall prevents a single computer from attacks initiated by internal users. Remote workstations and laptops running KPF are protected from Internet born attacks. And if you have a notebook PC, you definitely should use the Sunbelt Personal Firewall on that notebook as well. Notebooks are especially easy to compromise because of built-in wireless access. Potential intruders use various techniques to find out if your PC is vulnerable to attacks. These techniques vary from simply scanning all the entry points (called 'ports') of your computer to far more sophisticated methods. But the Sunbelt Personal Firewall has a built-in intrusion prevention system that identifies and blocks both known and unknown attacks so you can breathe easy and enjoy surfing the web. It really is an essential element of your Internet Safety.
F E A T U R E S of "Sunbelt Personal Firewall":
· Stop all traffic – stops all traffic on the computer. This function can be helpful especially when undesirable or strange network activity is detected. Traffic can be restored after the appropriate security actions are taken.
· Logging – Each firewall module creates an independent log that is stored in a text file. Logs can be viewed in a configuration dialog. Logs can also be stored on a Syslog server.
· Connections overview and statistics – The overview provides information about established connections and ports opened by individual applications. Information on the current speed and size of transmitted data in both directions is also provided for active connections. The overview is automatically refreshed in predefined time intervals. Statistics show users the number of objects blocked by the Web content filter and the number of detected intrusions during specific time periods.
· Automatic update – Regular checks are made for newer versions of the firewall. Whenever a new version is detected, users have the option of downloading and installing it. It is also possible to check for new versions manually
Changes in Version 4.3.744:
* Corrected issue in which registration fails when firewall is enabled.
* Significant improvement in network performance when web filtering is enabled.
* Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
* Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
* Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
* Corrected issue in which setting password and checking for update does not cancel authentication form.
* Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs.
* Significant improvement in product stability.
Homepage - http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Home-Home-Office/Sunbelt-Personal-Firewall/
Size: 6.18 MB
Use this se *rial to register app: 44M62-B88CD-8E775-6C39A-K6C73